DOWNTOWN OKC INITIATIVES
Downtown OKC Initiatives partnered with ULI Oklahoma to offer micro-grants to fund projects aimed to help lift the spirits of our community through placemaking and public art, and drive support of downtown districts and businesses during a global pandemic.
Click here to learn more.
The mural match grant program encourages the private installation of murals downtown by providing 25% of total project costs up to $5,000 to property owners who apply.
For more information and criteria, please review the grant application.
The Artist Invitational is a platform for local artists to submit their ideas for public art and placemaking in downtown Oklahoma City that doubles in purpose: to inspire conversation and wonder downtown and to activate unused space or reinventing existing space in the urban core.
For more information and to learn about past projects, visit DowntownOKC.com/artist-invitational.
Downtown Oklahoma City Initiatives, a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to combat community deterioration through public art, beautification projects, and placemaking. The nonprofit funds projects through various grant programs and hosts several call for artists to submit their ideas on how they would improve downtown through art.
Projects funded through Downtown OKC Initiatives are meant to inspire conversation and wonder downtown and to activate unused space or reinventing existing space in the urban core. Opportunities are available year round through ongoing grant programs.
Artist Invitational Projects:
- Neighbors, John Mireles 2018
- Nurture, Beatriz Mayorca, 2017
- The Kiss, Klint Schor, 2017
- Skyline: Timeline, adam Lanman, 2016
- Contained Aesthetic, Leigh Martin, 2016
- Wild Illuminate, Amanda Zoey, 2016
- Thunder Plywood Mural, Dusty Gilpin, 2015
- Cultivation Mural, Jason Pawley, 2015
- Film Row Art Stars, Lisa Jean Allswede, 2015
- Projection Mapping by Kyle Van Osdol, 2015
Mural Match Projects:
- Life in the Light, Denise Duong, 2018
- Braid, Dylan Bradway, Yatika Starr Fields, and Kristopher Kanaly, 2015