Community Action Micro-Grants
ULI & DOKC Release Second Round of Grants to Fund Community Projects
April 30, 2021
ULI Oklahoma and Downtown Oklahoma City Initiatives have teamed up to offer micro-grants ($1,000-$3,000) to help fund the ideas of individuals or organizations that help welcome back our community through placemaking and public art, and drive support of downtown districts and businesses.
Applications are open for the second round of #mircOKC grants and close on May 31, 2021. See below details on eligible projects.
We know that OKC is full of innovative, caring individuals and groups who want to give back to their community. ULI Oklahoma and DOKC are here to support those who support others.
WHAT TYPES OF IDEAS/PROJECTS/INITIATIVES WILL THE GRANTS FUND?
- Any new or unique idea or project that safely support to the downtown OKC community as it welcomes people back to downtown life.
- Projects must be based within downtown Oklahoma City. View map here.
- Projects must align with the following funding categories:
- Placemaking or urban design
- Public art or performance art (must have site permissions for site-specific work)
- Activation of districts or rallied support for downtown businesses
WHAT WILL THE GRANTS NOT FUND?
- Ongoing operations for initiatives existing prior to the pandemic, personal expenses, any for-profit ventures.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR THE AWARDING OF THE GRANTS?
- The application window will be open until Monday, May 31st. We will award the grants and disperse the funds as quickly as possible after the window closes.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR COMPLETING THE PROPOSED GRANT?
- Grantees will have until September 30th to complete the grant after funds have been dispersed. ULI and DOKC will work with grantees to grant extensions as needed based on nature of the project.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Non-profits, local businesses, and individuals.