Downtown Oklahoma City Initiatives, a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to combat community deterioration through public art, beautification projects, and placemaking, hosts an annual call for artists to submit their ideas on how they would improve downtown through art.
The Artist Invitational serves as a platform for local artists to submit their ideas for public art and placemaking in downtown Oklahoma City that doubles in purpose: to inspire conversation and wonder downtown and to activate unused space or reinventing existing space in the urban core. Stay tuned, artists will soon be able to apply for funds year round as part of a new ongoing proposal process for the Artist Invitational.
Previously funded projects are:
- Nurture by Beatriz Mayorca, 2017
- The Kiss by Klint Schor, 2017
- Skyline: Timeline by adam Lanman, 2016
- Contained Aesthetic by Leigh Martin, 2016
- Wild Illuminate by Amanda Zoey, 2016
- Thunder Plywood Mural, 2015
- Cultivation Mural by Jason Pawley, 2015
- Film Row Art Stars by Lisa Jean Allswede, 2015
- Projection Mapping by Kyle Van Osdol, 2015
If you are interested in any upcoming art opportunities, sign up for our artist email list here.