SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2PM-6PM
The sixth Midtown Walkabout will take place on Sat., October 20 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Midtown merchants will be providing specials, discounts, in-store activities and promotions, and giveaways. Midtown Walkabout is hosted by the Midtown Association and Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership and is free and open to the public to attend.
Attendees can enjoy a free photo booth, live music, art demonstrations, free face painting, and more!
Returning this fall, Downtown OKC Partnership will be surprising a few lucky event attendees with gift cards from Midtown businesses as a part of “Midtown Acts of Kindness,” which will serve as a thank you from the Midtown businesses for shopping in the district. Simply being out and about makes guests eligible to win a gift card, which will be given away by Downtown Guides.
New this year, the OKC Streetcar will be participating in Midtown Walkabout with a “Track Meet.” From 2pm to 6pm, attendees are invited to visit the Midtown Platform, located at N.W. 10th St. & Hudson Ave. to learn about the streetcar service, how to use the new system, and pick up some great giveaways. To learn more about the OKC Streetcar, visit www.okcstreetcar.com.
Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership and the Midtown Association with the help of Midtown Renaissance and Justin Joslin Design brought two bocce ball courts to Midtown at the northwest corner of NW 9th Street and N. Hudson Ave. The project includes two full-sized bocce ball courts, a score keeper, tournament-grade bocce balls, a “rules of bocce ball” mural for beginners, and additional seating and shade for players and onlookers. The bocce courts opened in mid-July and will stay open during Midtown Walkabout.
Attendees can pick up event maps with locations of programming and business specials at any of the participating businesses.
- 1492 New Latin Cuisine – Half-priced nachos, BOGO free mojitos and house margaritas.
- 1207 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 11am-10pm
- 405 Yoga – In-store promotions.
- 1004 N. Hudson Ave. / Check business for hours of operation.
- The Ambassador / Cafe Cuvee / O Bar – Complimentary small bites, refreshments, and dog treats. French Wine-by-the-glass special for purchase.
- 1200 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 6:30am-10pm
- Barkeep Supply – Complimentary bitters and soda samples.
- 1121 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 11:30am-8pm
- Barrios – Half-priced De La Casa Margaritas and Victory Club Nachos during event.
- 1100 N. Hudson Ave. / Saturday hours: 11am-11pm
- The Black Scintilla – Complimentary popcorn and giveaways.
- 1112 N. Walker Ave. #104 / Saturday hours: 11am-6pm
- Bleu Garten – Stop by for college football screenings.
- 301 N.W. 10th St. / Saturday hours: 11am-2am
- Brown’s Bakery – Complimentary cookies and donut-eating contest every hour.
- 1100 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 5:30am-6pm
- Chirps & Cheers – Letter writing station, 10%-15% off personalized Holiday cards. Complimentary balloons, cookies, and lemonade.
- 1112 N. Walker Ave. #101 / Saturday hours: 11am-6pm
- Commonplace Books – In-store promotions.
- 1325 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 7am-9pm
- The Edge at Midtown – First three applicants receive one month free on select apartment homes. Complimentary refreshments.
- 1325 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 10am-5pm
- Elemental Coffee Roasters – In-store promotions.
- 815 N. Hudson Ave. / Saturday hours: 8am-6pm
- Farmers Bank – Wolfsburg photo bus, pumpkin patch game, and complimentary refreshments.
- 1300 N. Walker Ave. #100 / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl – Half-price pretzels and fries / half-price bowling and free shoes.
- 421 N.W. 10th St. / Saturday hours: 11am-2am
- The Hall’s Pizza Kitchen – Games on the Pitch on the rooftop from 5pm to 8pm.
- 1004 N. Hudson Ave. #106 / Saturday hours: 10am-11pm
- Hank’s Coffee – Live acoustic act on patio from 4pm to 6pm and complimentary nutritious power balls.
- 1227 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 8am-6:30pm
- Industry Flea – Open-air market located next to The Plant Stand on 10th & Hudson.
- 399 N.W. 10th St. / Saturday hours: 10am-6pm
- Insomnia Cookies – $1 off a cookiewich, in-store only.
- 1131 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 11am-3am
- MetroPCS – Stop by their booth for promotions and giveaways.
- Located in the Brown’s Bakery Parking lot / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Midtown Barbers – 30% off grooming products and gift cards.
- 820 N. Western Ave. / Saturday hours: 8am-6pm
- mode – Complimentary earrings.
- 1227 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 10:30am-6pm
- Nhu Avenue – Complimentary cupcakes.
- 1111 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 10am-6pm
- Oklahoma City Streetcar & EMBARK – Step inside a new streetcar at the Midtown Walkabout “Track Meet” located at the Midtown platform at 10th & Hudson.
- N.W. 10th St. & Hudson Ave. / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Opolis Clothing – Complimentary mimosas, 10% off all shirts, 25% off if you’re wearing an Opolis shirt.
- 1111 N. Hudson Ave. / Saturday hours: 11am-9pm
- Orthodontic Arts – Complimentary refreshments (located at Dr. Coleman’s).
- 1112 N. Walker Ave. #103 / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Packard’s New American Kitchen – Debuting new happy hour menu.
- 201 N.W. 10th St. / Saturday hours: 10am-11pm
- Palomar – Stop by for the 3rd Annual Trunk-or-Treat.
- 1140 N. Hudson Ave. / Saturday hours: 2pm-4pm
- The Plant Stand – Family day with kids activities, photo op, and kettle corn food truck.
- 399 N.W. 10th St. / Saturday hours: 10am-7pm
- Serve Midtown – Trunk-or-treat, crafts, and cookie decorating.
- 1100 N. Walker Ave. / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Spokies Bike Station – Use promo code “Ride Midtown” for half-off Explorer’s Pass, for unlimited three-hours rides. Available at SpokiesOKC.com
- McNellie’s Bike Station / Saturday hours: 2pm-6pm
- Tamashii Ramen – Drink specials. Visit their Crepe Food Truck at 10th & Hudson.
- 321 N.W. 8th St. / Saturday hours: 11am-10:30pm
- TRADE Men’s Wares – 5th anniversary celebration with five $50 gift cards giveaway, 15% off entire purchase, and complimentary refreshments.
- 1112 N. Walker Ave. #102 / Saturday hours: 11am-6pm
- The Uncommon Seed – Complimentary OKC skyline postcards, coloring station for kids, and 20% off first month of membership for new members.
- 1006 N. Hudson Ave. #103 / Saturday hours: 12pm-6pm
Thank you to our sponsors, Midtown Association, OKC Streetcar, and Embark!
Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership (DOKC) is a non-profit organization that promotes and markets downtown Oklahoma City in conjunction with numerous downtown stakeholders. DOKC also manages the downtown Business Improvement District, funds public art projects, and holds annual events. For more information, visit www.DowntownOKC.com.
The Midtown Association is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides marketing and promotion to Midtown businesses and for the district itself. Midtown is part of the downtown Business Improvement District (BID), which is managed by Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership. The BID delivers street-level amenities, such as street cleaning and trash pickup, produces events, and provides additional services such as marketing, programming, branding, security, lighting, and landscaping. For more information, visit www.MidtownOKC.com.