*RESCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2PM-6PM*
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2PM-6PM
The fifth Midtown Walkabout will take place on Sat., May 19 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Midtown merchants will be providing specials, discounts, in-store activities and promotions, and giveaways. Midtown Walkabout is hosted by the Midtown Association and Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership and is free and open to the public to attend.
Attendees can explore the cozy community and enjoy free face painting, caricature drawings, live music, street artists and performers, outdoor games, a parklet, and free photos from the Magnolia Photo Booth. The photo booth will be located on the west side of Walker Avenue between NW 10th Street and NW 11th Street.
The Curbside Chronicle will launch a new fundraising effort with spring flower bouquets. Bouquets will be for sale at the southeast corner of NW 10th Street and Walker Avenue. 405 Yoga will host a free community yoga class at the lot on the northeast corner of NW 10th Street and Hudson Avenue at 2:00 p.m., sponsored by the Midtown Association. Attendees can visit the Urban Neighbors community garden, located at 417 Park Place, to plant new plants, harvest herbs to take home, learn about composting, and spread wildflower seeds. Spokies Bike Share will be offering a discount code to Midtown Walkabout attendees. Locate any Spokies station and use the code “OOOklahoma” for half-priced two-day passes.
A temporary, pop-up bocce ball court will debut during the Midtown Walkabout in the grass lot west of Barrios at NW 9th Street and Hudson Avenue. A semi-permanent bocce ball court will open this summer as a placemaking effort by the Midtown Association and Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership.
New this year, Downtown OKC Partnership will be surprising a few lucky event attendees with gift cards from Midtown businesses as a part of “Midtown Acts of Kindness,” which will serve as a thank you from the Midtown businesses for shopping in the district. Simply being out and about makes guests eligible to win a gift card, which will be given away by Downtown Guides.
Attendees can pick up event maps with locations of programming and business specials at any of the participating businesses. Participating businesses include:
- 405 Yoga / 1004 N. Hudson Ave. / Mention “Midtown Walkabout” at the studio to be Entered to win 3 month unlimited yoga membership. Follow @405yoga on FB & IG for winner.
- Ambassador Hotel / 1200 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary small bites, refreshments, & house-made dog treats.
- Barkeep OKC / 1121 N. Walker Ave. / Sample complimentary “mocktails” & check out the new space, opening later this spring.
- The Black Scintilla / 1112 N. Walker Ave. #104 / Complimentary popcorn.
- Bleu Garten / 301 N.W. 10th St. / $2 PBRs.
- Brown’s Bakery / 1100 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary cookies, limit one per person.
- Brushed Salon & Makeup Studio / 1212 N. Walker Ave. #101 / 10% discount on services booked on May 19. Free eye demo 5-7pm.
- Chiropractic House / 1006 N. Hudson Ave. #101 / Open house meet & greet. Raffle drawing for prizes and gift cards.
- Chirps & Cheers / 1112 N. Walker Ave. #101 / Complimentary balloons & scavenger hunt for kids.
- Commonplace Books / 1325 N. Walker Ave. #138 / Storytime for littles with OK Children’s Theater (10:30am), Taco Nation bus (11am-5pm), The Big Friendly beer bus (2-5pm).
- Dr. Morehart / Located at Brown’s Bakery parking lot during event, 1100 N. Walker Ave. / Giveaways! Including Crest Professional Strength White Strips and 1 Sonic Care Toothbrush.
- The Edge at Midtown / 1325 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary refreshments, half-off application & administration fee for new tenants.
- Elemental Coffee / 815 N. Hudson Ave. / In-store promotions.
- Fruition Designs / 1120 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary refreshments & free art print with every purchase.
- The Garage / 1117 N. Robinson Ave. / $2 Coors Original.
- Gogi Go / 1325 N. Walker Ave. / Giveaways & food specials.
- Hank’s Coffee / 1227 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary mini power-balls.
- The Hall’s Pizza Kitchen / 1004 N. Hudson Ave. #106 / Live music by Will Gaines 2:30-5:30pm on the rooftop.
- Insomnia Cookies / 1131 N. Walker Ave. / $2 off cookiewich or bigwich (in-store only).
- Jerky.com / 918 N. Hudson Ave. / $2 off Green Chile Beef Jerky.
- LIFT Apartments / 801 N.W. 10th St. / Half-off deposit coupon, $50 credit back on application fee & $100 administration fee (must apply May 19).
- Ludivine / 805 N. Hudson Ave. / $8 Corona Familiar, $6 craftwell cocktails, & $4 pork rinds.
- Midtown Attorneys, PC / Located in Brown’s Bakery parking lot during event, 1100 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary koozies & pens. Giveaway for a free will ($150 value). Announcing the re-opening of new building coming in June.
- mode / 1227 N. Walker Ave. / Free swirly do hair tie & free earrings with any purchase.
- Nhu Avenue / 1111 N. Walker Ave. / Complimentary cupcakes.
- Orthodontic Arts, Dr. David Birdwell / Located at Dr. Coleman’s office during event, 1112 N. Walker Ave. #103 / Complimentary snow cones.
- Packard’s / 201 N.W. 10th St. / Cocktail, wine, beer, & appetizer specials.
- The R&J Lounge & Supper Club / 320 N.W. 10th St. / Discounted appetizers & drink specials.
- Starbucks at St. Anthony / 535 N.W. 9th St. / 50% off Grande or larger iced tea or iced coffee.
- Tamashii Ramen House / 321 N.W. 8th St. / Cocktail and food specials beginning at 2pm.
- Urban Neighbors Community Garden / 417 Park Place / Plant new flowers, harvest herbs to take home, learn about composting, & spread wildflower seeds.
Join the Facebook event here!
Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership (DOKC) is a non-profit organization that promotes and markets downtown Oklahoma City in conjunction with numerous downtown stakeholders. DOKC also manages the downtown Business Improvement District, funds public art projects, and holds annual events. For more information, visit www.DowntownOKC.com.
The Midtown Association is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides marketing and promotion to Midtown businesses and for the district itself. Midtown is part of the downtown Business Improvement District (BID), which is managed by Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership. The BID delivers street-level amenities, such as street cleaning and trash pickup, produces events, and provides additional services such as marketing, programming, branding, security, lighting, and landscaping. For more information, visit www.MidtownOKC.com.