SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2PM-6PM
Returning on Saturday, October 21st is the 4th Midtown Walkabout! From 2pm to 6pm, Midtown merchants will be opening their doors and providing specials, discounts, and giveaways, in addition to live music, free face painting, and a free photobooth. Get to know this cozy community the old fashioned way – a district walkabout.
New this year: Live pumpkin carving demonstration, live muralist, The Big Friendly, live chalk artist, and more!
This year, the Midtown Walkabout will host “central hubs” throughout Midtown. Here’s what to expect at these locations:
- NW 8th & Hudson (Elemental Coffee parking lot) – Attendees can submit topics for on-demand poems from Short Order Poems and watch an artist create a fall-themed chalk installation by Brian Ward.
- NW 10th & Robinson (Frontline Church sidewalk) – Live pumpkin carving demonstration by David Holland and a musical performance from Out of the Box artist, Brittani Moon.
- NW 10th & Walker (McNellie’s sidewalk) – Apple Tree Chocolate will be selling caramel apples and other treats. There will also be an interactive pumpkin tic-tac-toe game and musical performance by Casey & Minna.
- NW 12th & Walker (The Edge sidewalk) – Attendees can participate in a s’mores station, watch a live painting demonstration by Bob Palmer, and musical performance by Landon Bumgarner.
- NW 11th & Walker (Mode sidewalk) – MVP Photo Booth will printing photos during the event.
- NW 10th & Robinson (Packard’s sidewalk) – Face painting.
- NW 10th & Walker (Dr. Coleman’s sidewalk) – Face painting.
- NW 10th & Walker (Brown’s Bakery parking lot) – Free Midtown branded tote bags, while supplies last. Yard game station including corn hole, ladder ball, washers, & connect 4.
- NW 10th & Hudson (The Plant Stand lot) – Musical performance by Mallory Eagle (2:30pm-4:30pm).
- NW 10th & Robinson (The Garage patio) – Musical performance by Grant Adams (2pm-4pm)
- 405 Yoga – 10% off all studio classes on October 21. Use code: 405LovesMidtown or visit https://tinyurl.com/ycly4voz.
- 1492 New World Latin Cuisine – Buy one get one free on house mojitos & margaritas. Half-price tacos on taqueria menu.
- Ambassador Hotel/Viceroy Grill – Complimentary soda from Phosphate Soda Station and pet amenities/Complimentary savory pork tamales.
- Bailey Schnebel Coleman, DDS – Pumpkin decorating station in conjunction with Orthodontic Arts.
- Barrios – Half price nachos when you mention “Midtown Walkabout.”
- Black Scintilla – Free popcorn.
- Bleu Garten – $2 PBRs.
- Bossa Nova – Half-price appetizers, $5 Caipirinhas, $3 Xingu & Palma Louca (Brasilian beers), & $5 DNR’s.
- Brown’s Bakery – Free cookies.
- Chirps & Cheers – Free balloons and hourly giveaways.
- Common Place Books – Live music at 3pm and 5pm. Complimentary beer and wine 5pm-7pm.
- Dust Bowl – Free shoes rental.
- Elemental Coffee – Wheeze the Juice pop-up.
- Frontline – Fall photo setup on the front steps.
- The Garage – $2 Coors Original.
- Hall’s Pizza Kitchen – Hosting Bygone Coffee with a pop up espresso bar on the rooftop. Unveiling of new appetizer.
- Hank’s Coffee – Free miniature power-balls.
- Hidden Dragon Yoga – One week free package available.
- Holiday Pop-Up Shops – Top Shopper passes available for purchase.
- Insomnia Cookies – Buy 4 cookies, get 2 free Traditional Cookies (in-store only).
- The Laboratory – 10% off (excluding consignment items). All purchases enter customers into a drawing for a $100 Laboratory gift card.
- Louie’s – Live music 2pm-5pm, $12 beer buckets, & $2 PBR.
- Ludivine – $5 Coop DNR, $6 Craftwell Cocktails, $7 Corona Caguama (32 oz), & $8 Charcuterie plates.
- Mass Mutual – Rooftop terrace will open to watch the football games. Free photo booth.
- Mode – Free mini pumpkins, free earrings with any purchase, & pop-up floral shop.
- Nhu Avenue Boutique – Free mini cupcakes.
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum – Free admission & paint a pumpkin day.
- Opolis Clothing – Free mimosas.
- Orthodontic Arts – Pumpkin decorating station in conjunction Dr. Coleman.
- Packard’s – Open house of new event space, sneak peek of upcoming restaurant, HunnyBunny (sample mini biscuits while supply last), & happy hour features on beer and wine.
- The Plant Stand – Pumpkins & mums for sale and The Big Friendly Beer Bus. Free reusable bags.
- Palomar – Trunk-or-Treat kids event 3pm-5pm.
- R&J’s Lounge & Supper Club – Happy hour 2pm-6pm, half-price appetizers, & $10 Sangria carafes.
- Razors & Tonic – Opening November 2018! Information about new space & grand opening event.
- Siempre Viva – 20% off entire purchase.
- Steelyard Leasing office – Grab bags for kids, puppy treats, & free water with koozies.
- Tamashii Ramen – Special cocktails and a DJ on the patio (open at 5 p.m.).
- TRADE Men’s Wares – T-Shirt giveaway every hour, 10% off store wide, & enter into a drawing for a $75 TRADE gift card.